Reality-Based Certification Program (Train The Trainer)
Learn how to teach the Reality-Based Leadership Philosophy within your organization!
(All classes are currently held in Omaha, NE.)
Next Class Date: March 18 – 20, 2020
If you are interested in attending this certification course, call 402-763-8963 or email Alex Dorr to learn more or sign up.
Interested in certifying a large group at your organization? Contact Alex Dorr for more information.
About the Certification Program
Become a Reality-Based Certified Facilitator so you can deliver Cy Wakeman’s revolutionary content in your own organization! You’ll also have the opportunity to network with like-minded leaders from other organizations and share best practices on how to infuse the Reality-Based principals in your workplace.
Reality-Based Certification classes provide deep insight into the Reality-Based Philosophy and an experiential learning environment to practice and apply the tools and concepts.
While we train you how to train the Reality-Based Leadership content, we also recognize that your role as a leader or influencer calls you up to use the Reality-Based Leadership philosophy in your own life and to coach others to do the same. We will teach you how to teach the philosophy, and we will also ensure you leave with the tools you need to lead groups and individuals to greatness.
About this Class
This is your first step to joining the Reality-Based Facilitator Community! This three-day program will introduce you to the ins and outs of how to successfully deliver Cy Wakeman’s Reality-Based content to those inside your own organization.
- On Day 1, you’ll walk through the foundational principals of the Reality-Based Philosophy and best practices for the most impactful facilitation of the programs.
- On Day 2, you’ll have a chance to present a portion of the material back to the class and receive live feedback and coaching from Reality-Based Leadership content experts!
- On Day 3, you’ll have a chance to dive deep into the Reality-Based Leadership Toolkit. You’ll spend the day in live practice and coaching with tools for groups and practicing the 1-1 tools. We will be there supporting you as you practice these valuable ways to shift energy away from drama into results and cultivate accountability.
This exclusive event fills quickly with leaders and professionals who meet the following criteria:
- Experienced trainer, facilitator or leader
- Will use the certification within their own organization
- Generated interest and investment in the Reality-Based Leadership program in their organization
- Completed certification readiness assessment
The Reality-Based Philosophy Course: $7,500.00
Participant Licensure Fee: $100 licensure fee/course is required for each participant you teach the program content to.
The fee includes 12-Month access to the Virtual Training modules, tracking of progress, downloadable tools, accountability reports and intellectual property. This also includes access to our flipped classroom framework. RBL facilitators and participants love this option as a way to keep learning sustainable and apply the practices to solve real-time business challenges.
Facilitator Annual Fee: $400 annual fee
In order to keep your status as a certified Reality-Based Facilitator current, an annual fee of $400 is required. The fee includes your access to the Facilitator Success eToolkit which is all delivered through our Virtual Training Platform. *The annual fee for your first year is included in the cost of the certification class.
If you are interested in certifying a large group at your organization, contact Alex Dorr for more information.
What Past Participants Are Saying About Certification
“Facilitator certification with Reality-Based Leadership is the beginning of an ongoing partnership that is backed with excellent support, insight, and collaboration. After attending a Reality-Based Leadership course in 2016, I knew I HAD to go to certification so that I could facilitate the material with others! In class, they used real-life examples, allowed for lots of interaction and dialogue, and answered questions candidly. Somehow, they made teach-backs feel safe – like we were all in this together – and provided accountable feedback for learning purposes. I left feeling ready to facilitate the course on my own because the team provided such great takeaways, tools, and ongoing facilitation support. I cannot say enough about the team. They are professional, courteous, fun, incredibly responsive, and work to exceed our expectations in every interaction.” – Jamie Hower, Manager – Talent Development at Regional Health
“Most of my leadership is composed of hard-working men that have worked their way up from the shop floor. They are a tough crowd, and they are all-in with Cy’s Reality-Based Leadership philosophies. The drama and stress they’ve felt is melting away as they work with the coaching techniques and on reducing their own emotional expensiveness. I was a Cy Wakeman fan before I went to the RBL Certification Course, so I felt like I knew the material pretty well, but I gained so much more knowledge from Alex during the course. It was worth every moment, especially now that I’ve seen first hand how it’s affected our organization. Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!” – Denice Tally – Human Resources Manager – Special Projects Amfabsteel, Inc.
“This has easily been the most influential training of my HR Career. Alex, our trainer, was dynamic, knowledgeable and approachable which made our training days fly by! We learned so much and walked away with so many new skills and resources to really carry forward this philosophy in our organization. The support doesn’t end with the training. Alex, Cy and their whole team are there to support you every step of the way to help you and your workplace to ditch the drama!” – Director, Human Resources & Mission at CHI St. Gabriel’s Health
“After reading Cy’s book No Ego, I realized that I was leading my team using methods based on outdated, traditional leadership doctrine that just doesn’t work in today’s world. My experience at Certification brought the Reality-Based Philosophy to life and was easily the best 3 days of learning I have ever had. Bringing this back to my team, I finally feel like I have the language and mental process tools to bring my team out of drama. Cy, Alex and the rest of the RBL team, I can’t thank you enough!” – Tessa Felix – HR & Operations Lead, Investment Advisor at PWL Capital Inc.
“What I loved about the certification course was learning how to apply what we’ve learned in Cy’s books and presentations to real-world situations in our workplace. We had a small, intimate group and were able to bounce ideas off of one another and work through more challenging scenarios that we expect to face when we get back to work. Alex’s presentation style is energized and engaging, and presenting Cy’s message in front of Cy herself was a career high for me; her feedback was honest and empowering.” – Manager, Human Resources at CHI St. Alexius Health
Frequently Asked Questions
Obtaining certification enhances the capability of an organization to embed and sustain the Reality-Based Philosophy throughout their organization to cultivate happiness, reduce drama and achieve amazing results. The certified Reality-Based Leadership Professional (RBLP) will be able to:
- Support daily practices, immediate application and light a new path for leaders within the facilitator’s organization.
- Bring the message to the workplace that transforms lives in the worldplace.
- Truly call people up to fulfilling their missions at work and their mission in life.
- Provide the safe place and a sane voice that provides tools that actually work and their organization’s employees and leaders can actually use – today.
- Provide their organization with counter-intuitive and researched based, unique content and insights to reduce the emotional waste and improve bottom-line results.
- Challenge conventional wisdom and re-redefine the role a leader and the work of HR.
- Learn, live and teach evidence-based social psychology and behavioral economics principles that cultivate happiness leading to better results and success in their organizations.
The Reality-Based Leadership certification provides more than just the ability to deliver the Reality-Based Leadership content in your workplace. It provides you the foundation of the evidence-based philosophy that powers the work. You will be immersed with other leaders as Alex Dorr reveals the social psychology, behavioral economics and brain science that grounds the bold truths of why the philosophy simply works.
Prerequisites for Certification
1. Step One:
• Complete the readiness assessment
• Communicate the RBL value and investment to
• Book travel
2. Step Two:
• Complete the Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace and the Reality-Based Leadership Virtual Terminal Courses
• Highly recommended: read the Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace and the Reality-Based Leadership books
Each day is from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the day
Training materials to prepare you for the class
Facilitator guide and participant workbook
After the certification you'll receive:
- Facilitator Access to our Virtual Training
- Roll-out and sustainability success plan
- User tracking access
- Toolkits, marketing materials and program
- First access to new resources, case studies and
*Please note that the registration fee does not include any travel costs.
Certified Facilitation generates Better ROI for your Company! The initial investment in certifying someone in the content allows for ongoing workshops to be conducted in your organization at any time and for any length. Certified individuals are able to sustain the message with members of the organization by promoting and training daily practice of the philosophy!
This becomes a more financially viable option than bringing in a Reality-Based speaker multiple times to train in your organization.
You have the value of having a Reality-Based EXPERT, on-hand and accessible at any time you need!
1) The program investment is more than just a classroom with a certification. Your investment in this program includes a variety of professional resources including:
- Facilitator guides, toolkits, facilitation coaching, and a personal copy of Reality-Based Leadership, Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace and No Ego
- One-year personal subscription access to the online Virtual Terminal
- Exclusive access to the expertise and best-practices of a nationwide community
- Ongoing virtual coaching opportunities from Cy & Alex
- Exclusive access to new Reality-Based Leadership tools and products
$7,500 → – Reality-Based Leadership Philosophy
2) Facilitator Access Plans (year-one is included in the certification price):
- Reality-Based Leadership + Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace eCourses
- Roll-out sustainability plan to ensure your organization's success
- User tracking access
- Toolkits, marketing materials and program downloads
- First access to new resources, case studies and training!
Above training is delivered via the Reality-Based Virtual Platform
3) 12-Month Access for every participant in your class:
$100 per participant per course you are training. This covers access to the Virtual Training modules, tracking of progress, downloadable tools, accountability reports and intellectual property.
There is a non-refundable administrative fee of $500.
Cancellations within two weeks of the course forfeit refunds but will be able to attend the next available course.
Attendees who don't pass the certification course on the teach-back day will have the option of reteaching the content virtually to obtain complete certified facilitator status.
If a company would like to hold a private certification course for their employees, we would be happy to travel to them. This has been beneficial for companies committed to implementing the Reality-Based Philosophy across their organizations.
Do not worry! We will not just certify you and send you on your way! We will reveal the path to sustaining the philosophy in your organization with these support options:
1. Virtual Training:
• Continue to access your virtual training sites to prepare for presentations
• Review virtual terminal packages and success strategies with your organization
2. Certified Facilitator Community:
• Join the Reality-Based Leadership Facilitator group on Facebook
• Share your success stories via email or social media
• Participate in the monthly certified facilitator calls
At this time we will not be holding certification courses online. On the teach-back day, participants will present a predetermined section of the course in front of Cy Wakeman and Alex Dorr who will answer any questions the audience may have. We believe it's important for participants to interact with one another at the program.
You are only required to bring a positive attitude to the certification courses. As far as note taking, please use the method you prefer.
That’s great! The Reality-Based Leadership philosophy provides you simple and practical tools that you can use from your broader coaching conversations to your impromptu hallway chats. All of our work helps you keep feedback relevant and short, and gives you endless ways to encourage self-reflection, which is the birthplace of accountability.